Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

How do I get started and find writers? Options
Johnny-Admin
Posted: Thursday, July 28, 2016 5:44:00 PM
Groups: Member

First of all, welcome! When you are new to using Zerys, you will start the process by creating a Writer Audition. The purpose of the Auditions is to find writers you’d like to work with and add them to your team of Favorite Writers. 

Once you’ve added writers to your team, you will be ready to start assigning writing jobs to your writers. Later, you can re-post an audition or create a new audition, if you ever need to add more writers to your team.

Can I browse your writers and hand-pick one who sounds like a good fit for me?

To find your writers, you will need to start with a Writer Audition. Auditions are the easy, fast way to find writers who are a good fit for your project:

• You will see custom writing about your topic, not just random samples.
  • You can compare several writers “apples to apples” on the same topic to more accurately judge which writers are suited to your needs.
  • Everyone needs more than one writer, at least as a backup! Auditions help you find multiple writers for your team.
  • Hand-picking a writer can be problematic — often they are unavailable, uninterested, or simply do not turn out to be as good a fit as you hoped.

Auditions cut to the chase and find great writers quickly. Instead of a prolonged search, you get several writers in as little as a day.

How does the Writer Audition work?

Here’s a brief description of the audition process:

• Set up the project as a writer audition, including providing a document title and instructions for what you want. 
  • You will choose filters for our writer network to narrow down the pool to relevant candidates.
  • Post the audition to the writers’ job board and interested writers will claim an audition slot and begin writing. Writers will submit up to a max of 250 words at this stage, so you can get results quickly and to limit the risk involved for both you and the writer.
  • As the writers submit their audition content to you, you will receive email notifications. Check your Pending Review tab to find the submitted content and read it.
  • Choose “Add this writer to my team!” when you find writers you like, and decline the writers who are not a good match.

Do I have to pay for the auditions?

No, it is not necessary to pay for the auditions. You do need to add funds to your account to cover the maximum potential cost of the auditions, in case you decide to purchase the content you receive.

However, when you add writers to your team, you will have the option to purchase the audition content or to not purchase the content. So, feel free to add writers to your team because you like their writing — you do not necessarily need to pay for the content if you don’t need it! We do recommend that you pay the approved writers to compensate them for their time, however, and so you own the content and can publish it.

Any unused funds will become available again in your Zerys account to be used for new orders (unused funds from auditions that you declined, or from jobs where you approved the writer but chose not to pay for the content).

Once you’ve added at least 1 favorite writer, you can begin assigning jobs to them for all the content you need.